The West Grey Police Services Board invites applications for the position of PART-TIME Police Constable
The West Grey Police Service is accepting applications for the position of part time Police Constable. Applicants must have obtained a Basic Constable Training diploma from the Ontario Police College (OPC) and have served a minimum of five (5) consecutive years of full-time employment with a Police Service. The West Grey Police Service is comprised of 20 full-time Police Officers and 3 Part-time Police Officers who provide policing services to the Municipality of West Grey.
- Improve and maintain the safety, security, and quality of life for residents of the Municipality through the application of proactive community- based and problem-solving policing methods.
- Preserve the peace, prevent crimes and other offences, and provide assistance and encouragement to other persons in their prevention.
- Assist victims of crime.
- Apprehend criminals and other offenders and others who may lawfully be taken into custody.
- Lay charges and participate in prosecutions.
- Execute warrants that are to be executed by police officers and perform related duties.
- Perform the lawful duties as assigned by the Chief of Police.
To be considered for a Part Time Police Constable position candidates must:
- Have obtained a Basic Constable Training Diploma from the Ontario Police College
- Have a valid Class G Driver’s License, with no more than six accumulated demerit points, permitting you to drive an automobile in Ontario with full driving privileges
- Have a valid Standard First Aid certificate and valid CPR certificate (Basic Rescuer Level C) by the time you receive an offer of employment
- Be physically and mentally able to perform the job, having regard for their own safety and the safety of members of the public, and maintain a good level of physical fitness
- Be of good moral character and habits, meaning that they are an individual other people would look upon as being trustworthy and having integrity
- Have no criminal record for which a pardon has not been received (applicants must obtain a pardon if they have any criminal convictions under any federal statute).
- Any candidate with current or previous Police Service Act charges or convictions must disclose this at the initial resume stage.
- Pass a security clearance as well as a background investigation, which may include education, employment, physiological testing, medical clearance, personal history, report writing, credit, and reference checks, as well as a home visit.
Visit www.westgreypolice.ca/recruiting/ to obtain a full application package.
Applications must be submitted no later than 17:00 hrs October 20th, 2023.
Please submit your resume electronically to:
West Grey Police Service Attention:
Inspector J White – Part-Time Constable Candidate
153 George Street West, P.O Box 676
The West Grey Police Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. We thank all applicants for the interest and only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Information is collected solely for the purpose of job selection.
Please note that a candidate for appointment as a police officer shall provide any relevant information or material that is lawfully requested in connection with their application solely for the purpose of job selection under Section 43(2) of the Police Services Act of Ontario.